Our core values are grounded on a commitment to the highest quality and integrity – in our products, and in our relationships. We believe both employees and customers deserve and expect to be treated with respect, and that excellence starts with personal accountability.
The kinds of people who thrive in our environment know their stuff.
They are as thrilled to share their experience as they are to learn from others. The professionals at DIGARC know that vision, discovery and exploration must lead to specific, measurable results. Our clients expect no less, and we expect no less of ourselves.
Our formal job openings are listed below, but we’re always looking for top quality talent. If you think you’d be a great addition to the DIGARC team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The core mission of the Manager – Client Care is to lead the Client Care team in providing the exemplary level of support that Digarc’s clients have come to expect. The Manager – Client Care reports to the Director – Client Success and is a hands-on member of the Client Care team providing guidance and support to Client Care specialists as they coordinate with internal teams to provide timely resolution to client issues and maintain client satisfaction. The Manager – Client Care also acts as a resource for the Client Care team in troubleshooting and triaging issues of a technical nature.
- Research and write content to support Sales and Marketing Organization:
- Manage the authoring and re-authoring of DIGARC Marketing materials such as case studies, white papers, collateral, and press releases while maintaining accuracy, freshness, and impact
- Develop and maintain Frequently Used Language (FUL) for use in RFP responses and proposals
- Develop and author prospect communications to support AE communications (standard prospect letters, post-demo follow up, etc)
- Interview clients and author case studies highlighting DIGARC value-add
- Identify and document client quotes for use across various communications and marketing purposes
- Design and build impactful prospect facing sales presentations
- Research industry trends and author white papers
- Create marketing copy for inbound and outbound multi-channel marketing campaigns to support demand generation programs.
- Read, review, and interpret Industry reports and articles, incorporating relevant information into Digarc communications and social media groups to maintain freshness, accuracy, and impact
- Participate in marketing and conference planning activities, to align proper messaging
- Assist Solutions Consultant with writing, organizing, producing and shipping RFP responses during peak periods and as needed.
- Assist SVP and Director of Marketing with special projects from time to time, as needed
- Stay up to date on product capabilities, enhancements, and road maps
- Conference Marketing Support: Assist in messaging, production, and shipping of conference materials as needed — Logo sheets, presentation/ session cards, presentation sign-in sheets, relevant client breakout content as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Superior verbal, written, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the Higher Education market a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accordingly and meet deadlines as required, with minimal supervision.
- Highly collaborative team player and leader with the ability to work proactively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of WordPress, marketing automation system, social media platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Solid project management experience and skills.
- Some experience in design/layout software is a plus.
Minimum Qualification, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising or Marketing with an emphasis on writing.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in marketing communications or content creation.
- All candidates must present relevant work samples.
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
Understanding and interpretation of application design specifications (UML, mockups and written documentation) and proficient implementation of the requirements. Ability to work in a team consulting directly with senior application designers and developers, as well as systems administrators when necessary. Will report directly to Lead Developer and be expected to contribute to team discussions. Will be required to efficiently diagnose issues and propose solutions for peer review before implementation. Must be current on emerging technologies such as those termed as “Web 2.0”, as well as versed in modern design patterns and best practices.
- Advanced PHP or Python programming on UNIX-based systems using MySQL and Apache/NGINX. We will consider other languages but familiarity with PHP and the desire to learn will be required.
- Clean coding practices and system architectural skills.
- Experience with PEAR/PECL, PHP 5.1
- Experience with background processing such as deferred jobs (Celery, Gearman, supervisord, etc.)
- Understanding of Web-application security and common design patterns (Experience with C, C++, Python or Perl a plus.)
- Familiarity with revision control such as Git or Subversion and branch management.
- Troubleshooting skills (This is a big one as you will need to be able to run down issues and having the ability to think outside the box and understand the architecture is paramount)
- Advanced SQL Knowledge using MySQL 5.1 (transactions knowledge a must)
- SQL optimization knowledge
- Advanced MySQL 5 features, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers
- Database Design and Refactoring
- Familiarity with application packaging
- Familiarity with UNIX-based environments
- Familiarity with operating on and developing for “cloud based services” particularly Amazon EC2 and it’s services.
- (Ubuntu/Apache/Cron/Command line/Permissions)
Education and Qualifications
- 3-5 Years professional software development experience required for midlevel
- 1-3 Years professional software development experience required for junior (will also consider less experience if backed by education or professional training)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer technology or near discipline desirable
- This is a salaried position in our Lakeland, Florida office. Compensation is negotiable based on experience. Candidates who meet the experience requirements will be tested for proficiency.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by e-mail only to email@example.com.
DIGARC is an equal opportunity employer.