Our core values are grounded on a commitment to the highest quality and integrity – in our products, and in our relationships. We believe both employees and customers deserve and expect to be treated with respect, and that excellence starts with personal accountability.
The kinds of people who thrive in our environment know their stuff.
They are as thrilled to share their experience as they are to learn from others. The professionals at DIGARC know that vision, discovery and exploration must lead to specific, measurable results. Our clients expect no less, and we expect no less of ourselves.
Our formal job openings are listed below, but we’re always looking for top quality talent. If you think you’d be a great addition to the DIGARC team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
Understanding and interpretation of application design specifications (UML, mockups and written documentation) and proficient implementation of the requirements. Ability to work in a team consulting directly with senior application designers and developers, as well as systems administrators when necessary. Will report directly to Lead Developer and be expected to contribute to team discussions. Will be required to efficiently diagnose issues and propose solutions for peer review before implementation. Must be current on emerging technologies such as those termed as “Web 2.0″, as well as versed in modern design patterns and best practices.
- Advanced PHP or Python programming on UNIX-based systems using MySQL and Apache/NGINX. We will consider other languages but familiarity with PHP and the desire to learn will be required.
- Clean coding practices and system architectural skills.
- Experience with PEAR/PECL, PHP 5.1
- Experience with background processing such as deferred jobs (Celery, Gearman, supervisord, etc.)
- Understanding of Web-application security and common design patterns (Experience with C, C++, Python or Perl a plus.)
- Familiarity with revision control such as Git or Subversion and branch management.
- Troubleshooting skills (This is a big one as you will need to be able to run down issues and having the ability to think outside the box and understand the architecture is paramount)
- Advanced SQL Knowledge using MySQL 5.1 (transactions knowledge a must)
- SQL optimization knowledge
- Advanced MySQL 5 features, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers
- Database Design and Refactoring
- Familiarity with application packaging
- Familiarity with UNIX-based environments
- Familiarity with operating on and developing for “cloud based services” particularly Amazon EC2 and it’s services.
- (Ubuntu/Apache/Cron/Command line/Permissions)
Education and Qualifications
- 3-5 Years professional software development experience required for midlevel
- 1-3 Years professional software development experience required for junior (will also consider less experience if backed by education or professional training)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer technology or near discipline desirable
- This is a salaried position in our Lakeland, Florida office. Compensation is negotiable based on experience. Candidates who meet the experience requirements will be tested for proficiency.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by e-mail only to email@example.com.
DIGARC is an equal opportunity employer.